Insta-life

Wednesday 2 November 2011

Melbourne Cup Day

Hallo me hearties!
Brace yourselves for a really long post but before I go rambling about my day, let me give a little description about Melbourne Cup Day :)

In Australia, Melbourne Cup Day is an annual horse racing event held on the first Tuesday of November. It's basically an event where people bet on horses (self explanatory). I'm more drawn to what the ladies' wear.

When attending the races, whether it is the esteemed Melbourne Cup or any other of the premier race days held in Australia, the aim is to look glamorous. Along with the gorgeous dresses, you'll find on the tops of all the ladies' heads are Melbourne Cup hats and fascinators adorned with feathers, flowers, beads and lace. These fascinators are to compliment the hairstyle and to make a statement to the fashion critics.

Jennifer Hawkins
(source: http://www.stylebistro.com/lookbook/Jennifer+Hawkins)
Miranda Kerr
(source: Vogue 2009)

I should've worn a fascinator or any accessory on my head in the spirit of this day but I thought I'd look out of place ><

Anyway, Reghimself invited me out to dinner with his siblings and I thought I'd wear my newly purchased shoes. I am in love with it! The ends of the strap flicks out a little and it reminds me of wings which reminds me of  2NE1 haha! They are super comfortable to walk around in and I got these babies for only $30 (rrp $109.95) at General Pants Co. It has a subtle wedged heel which is always a plus for shawties like me.

I had to force Reghimself to take OOTD pictures of me causing me to look rather awkward. Better than nothing, I say!











We headed to Coogee, playing road trip games like "I spy" and "Alphabetical Countries" - doubt that's what it's called lol. Basically, each person should name a country starting with the letter that was chosen. I suck at these games :(


@ Coogee. Reghimself showing off his nudies (also from General Pants Co.)
This photo doesn't do it justice.

I've never eaten at Churrasco before so I decided to take some pictures.. after two flashes I put my camera away. I felt like a kid and got shy LOL!

Churrasco (Shoo-Has-Ko, according to the website) is a Brazilian-style all-you-can-eat barbecue in which meat is slowly roasted on long skewers over a flaming pit of coals. Each table has a small cardboard paper with one side is coloured red and the other is green. Turn it so the green is uppermost and the meat keeps coming. Turn it to red and they will stop until you decide you can go on. Or explode.





Ateh Olivia ^^

[ < photos off the web]







As if we weren't already full!

Hope you enjoyed this long as post! Until next time =]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...